Thursday, September 29, 2011

I love my Tally!

Tally makes me happy! I love that every day is the best day ever. I love that she likes to draw and write poetry. She sings with sheer joy for the whole world to hear. I love that whenever there is a camera, it is fun to pose. I love that she likes anything that sparkles.

Tally and I are polar opposites! But not really. We are both messy. We both get lost in the day. We also love to read.

Reading makes my heart happy. I love books. If I find a book laying around the house that is calling my name it is very dangerous. If I happen to pick it up, and it grabs me from the beginning, my day is lost. Laundry, dishes, eating, and sleeping (along with all my other responsibilities) are promptly forgotten and I live in the beauty in the book I am reading for the rest of the day. Tally is the same. I might pull her body away from the book but her mind is still there. There is no need to ask Tally why she was reading her novel in Science class, I already know. I love Tally and sometimes I see too much of me in her and sometimes I could learn a lot from her.

There really is a point that I plan to make. I read an article that reminded me of Tally yesterday and I just can't help thinking about it today.

Tally is the Disney grasshopper. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that we are all ants or grasshoppers. Thankfully most of us live somewhere in the middle. I spend most of my life trying to become an ant. I would love to be prepared for everything, have dinner ready every night a 5:15, and always go to bed each night with everything done. I know some ants and I honestly try to acquire as many of their traits as possible. But I am also more Aesop Fable grasshopper than I would like to admit. But what about the Disney Grasshopper? What about all those wonderful Tally traits? Oh how I love those Tally traits, and no they aren't any less important than the traits of the ant. I would love to learn to be artistic, spontaneous, fun, silly, and creative. It seems like all children were born with some wonderful grasshopper traits. Somewhere along the way I got the idea that the ant traits were the important ones. How grateful for my Tally and my friends that haven't forgotten how to be grasshoppers.

I love the part when the ant asks the grasshopper how does she you get all of her ideas? and the grasshopper answers that they just come to her while she is taking long hot baths. That is Tally! It isn't that she doesn't work, it is just that she works differently that the rest of us.

I guess some days I just need a reminder! And some days I need to remember developing Tally/ grasshopper traits is important too!

No comments:

Post a Comment