Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Bee

So last week, Serenity was out in the yard hunting anything she could catch. Being slow and crippled, pretty much guarantees everything but bugs are safe. She got stung between the toes by a little honey bee.

I went out a little later my girls are playing with this poor little honey bee. I told them to leave it alone, someone was going to get stung, thinking they are all pretty intelligent little girls they would leave it alone...yes? Nope!

A friend asked if I would watch her daughter for a hour. I went outside to check on everyone...there they are with this poor little honey bee. It is now their beloved pet. Poor thing, at that point it had a broken wing and was missing a few legs. I had them make a special place for this poor bee. Complete with leaves and flowers he was laid to rest, again!

For the next 24 hours it was a battle, let the poor little bee die!!!! Please!

Sunday night, my little bee nightmare was over for sure, until.... My home teachers came over, he told me that one of his daughters was trying to catch honey bees in a bottle. Because you know "the Corrigan girls have a pet bee...."

I don't even know what to say.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Yay! I'm glad you found me 'cause now I found you and I love it! But so sad I'm not there!

    ReplyDelete